The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
Highlights of the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006
Various central Acts like Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954 , Fruit Products Order , 1955, Meat Food Products Order, 1973, Vegetable Oil Products (Control) Order, 1947,Edible Oils Packaging (Regulation)Order 1988, Solvent Extracted Oil, De- Oiled Meal and Edible Flour (Control) Order, 1967, Milk and Milk Products Order, 1992 etc will be repealed after commencement of FSS Act, 2006.
The Act also aims to establish a single reference point for all matters relating to food safety and standards, by moving from multi- level, multi- departmental control to a single line of command. To this effect, the Act establishes an independent statutory Authority – the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India with head office at Delhi. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and the State Food Safety Authorities shall enforce various provisions of the Act.
Establishment of the Authority
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India is the Administrative Ministry for the implementation of FSSAI. The Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have already been appointed by Government of India. The Chairperson is in the rank of Secretary to Government of India.
What services covered in this plan
- Eligibility Consultation
- Document Preparation
- Application Preparation
- Form Filling required for FSSAI Registration
- Document Submission to FSSAI
- Obtain FSSAI Registration
- Incorporating Government Fees
Documents to be submitted
- PAN Card Of Proprietor, Directors, Partners
- Pan Card of entity (except Proprietorship Firm)
- Photo Identity Proof of Proprietor, Directors, Partners
- Address Proof of office premises
- Registration Certificate
- Existing Tax (Indirect Tax) Registration Certificate (If Any)
- Passport Photo of Authorised Person
- Rent agreement of premises
- Trade Licence/ Registration
- Profile of the organization
- List of Products
- Electricity Bill/ Water Bill