NGOs are non-governmental organisations, not-for-profit organisations, voluntary associations of people and communities, may work at local, regional, national or international level. They are organised for a mission with aims and objects of common social good. NGOs determine issues and programme according to their aims and implement through various activities. They get funding from the charities, donors and Government agencies to perform social services and humanitarian functions. They are the catalysts of society and work as an agent of social change to bridge the gap between people and Governments ensuring people's participation in development for implementation of programmes and projects.
The typical sources of revenue for non-governmental organizations are donations, funding grants from unilateral and multi-lateral agencies, membership fees, miscellaneous sources and interest and dividends on investments.
Following forms of NGO
- A trust of two or more persons as Trustees therein. The Trust may be registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1982.
- A company registered u/s . 25 of Companies Act, 1956. Usually clubs, associations of professionals get registered under this provision of the Companies Act, 1956.
- A society of persons registered under the provisions of the Societies Registration Act, 1860 with the Registrar of the Societies, with aims and objects and a structure as laid down in the said Act.
- A statutory body consisting membership of persons constituted by or under a stature, having a structure as laid down in the statute by which it is constituted.
- A charitable trust constituted under the Charitable Endowments Act, 1920.
- Any other organization akin to a society.
Thus an NGO in India can either be registered as a trust,society or as a company under sec 25
What services are covered in this plan?
- Drafting of affidavit required
- MOA & Rules & Regulation Drafting
- Minutes & Resolution Drafting
- Govt Fee for incorporation
NGO & Society Related Work
- Registration Work
- Activity Report Preparation
- MOA & Rules & Regulation Preparation
- Income Tax Report along with audit report.
- Processing Renewal for NGO
- Assisting in procuring fund for NGO
- Project Proposal & Profile Preparation
Documents to be submitted
- PAN Card Of President, Secretary & Treasurer
- Photo Identity Proof of President, Secretary & Treasurer
- Address Proof of President, Secretary & Treasurer
- Address Prof of office premises
- Passport Photo of President & Secretary
- Rent agreement of premises
- Ownership proof of rented premises